The first step, whether deploying a survivable branch appliance or a survivable branch server, is to define each branch site within the Lync Server topology.
1. Open the Lync Server Topology Builder and import the current topology.
2. Right-click Branch Office Sites and select New Branch Site.
3. Enter a Name for the site and, optionally, a Description.
4. Click Next.
5. Enter the City where the site is located.
6. Enter a State/Region where the site is located.
7. Enter a two-digit Country Code where the site is located.
8. Click Next.
9. Clear the check box Open the New Survivable Wizard when this wizard closes, and then click Finish. A survivable branch appliance or server can be added to the site later.