Each survivable branch appliance deployed needs to have a computer account in Active Directory defined prior to being placed in operation. Because survivable branch servers are already domain-joined computers, these steps are not necessary.
Use the following steps when deploying only a survivable branch appliance.
1. Log on to a computer with the Active Directory Domain Services role administration tools installed.
2. Open Active Directory Users and Computers.
3. Right-click an organizational unit, click New, and select Computer.
4. Enter a Computer name for the survivable branch appliance. This is just the hostname, not the fully qualified domain name.
5. Under User or group, click the ...