The Exchange 2010 auto attendant is like a secretary, providing voice prompts to guide an external or internal caller through the voicemail system. The system can respond to either telephone keypad presses or voice commands.
The auto attendant features include the following:
• A customizable set of menus for external users
• Greetings for business hours and nonbusiness hours
• Hours of operation and holiday schedules
• Access to the organization’s directory
• Access for external users to the operator
The voice prompts that provide the preceding information can be customized to suit the organization.