Web conferences can be initiated either through the direct sharing of a monitor or by scheduling a meeting and including a web conference. However, the simplest way to initiate a conference is through the Meet Now option.
In the top menu of the Lync client, when you click Meet Now, the following three options for joining an Audio meeting are offered:
• Do not join audio
• Use Lync (integrated audio and video)
• Call me at:
This creates a conference with only the initiating user in it. From here, use the People menu to perform the following tasks:
• Invite by Name or Phone Number
• Invite by Email
• Mute Audience
• Make Everyone an Attendee
• Play Entry and exit Announcements
• Remove Everyone and End Meeting
When inviting ...