To install any server role in Lync Server 2013, the target server must first have a local configuration store installed and populated with the topology information.
1. Insert the Lync Server media on the Edge Server and launch
Setup.exe, found in the
2. Enter a location for the installation, and click Install.
If you want to change the path for all Lync components that will be installed on this server, you must change it in this dialog box. For example, you might want to change the installation from the system drive to a separate data drive.
3. Click Install or Update Lync Server System.
4. Under Step 1: Install Location Configure Store, click Run.
5. Because the Edge Server is ...