The following are best practices from this chapter:
• Use a Director as the next hop in any location with an Edge server. This provides a degree of separation from the Front End pools and protects the internal infrastructure from any kind of attack. Users are also authenticated at the Director when logging in remotely, so a Front End server does not have to handle authentication requests.
• Order SRV records such that a Director pool has the lowest priority and highest weight.
• Use Directors as an entry point for the simple URLs.
• Be sure to publish the Director external web service URLs through a reverse proxy for remote users.
• Plan for adding high-availability in the environment. Completing the planning work up front makes ...