Forefront TMG is the logical successor of ISA 2006 SP1 and a common choice for use as a reverse proxy with Lync Server.
Assuming that TMG 2010 is already installed and network cards are already configured, the following steps outline how to publish the Lync Web Services through TMG:
1. Configure a web farm FQDN.
2. Request and configure SSL certificates.
3. Create a web server publishing rule.
4. Configure authentication and certification on IIS virtual directories.
5. Create an external DNS entry.
6. Verify access.