The following are best practices from this chapter:
• Use the new Lync Server Management Shell for bulk administration tasks or to perform tasks more quickly than possible within the Lync Server Control Panel.
• Create RBAC roles, which are scoped appropriately for administrators within the organization. Different sets of users can be managed by different administrators easily with this new flexibility.
• Use Quality of Service on Lync servers and clients to help improve media quality on unreliable or oversaturated networks.
• Use synthetic transactions to test Lync Server services easily. These PowerShell cmdlets do not require a test workstation, but can simulate user activities against the server.
• Become familiar with the ...