Calls placed from an analog device follow a process similar to that for inbound routing, but in a reverse order. Additionally, the dial plan and voice policy assigned to the analog device are applied at the server before the call is placed. This is the process:
1. The analog device dials a DID.
2. Gateway configuration routes all calls from the associated analog device port to Lync Server.
3. Lync determines that the call is from a specific analog device based on the calling party ID matching the Line URI configured on the analog device contact object.
4. Lync Server applies the dial plan assigned to the analog device contact.
5. The call is routed to a media gateway based on the voice policy assigned to the analog device contact. ...