Planning for Clients and Devices
There are several clients for Lync Server 2013 for which to plan. Administrators have the ability to limit which clients can connect so that users can use only a client that is currently supported. This simplifies troubleshooting because it’s possible to prevent unexpected clients from connecting. The current list of clients includes these:
• Lync 2013—The primary Windows client
• Lync Web App—The web-based client that provides the primary features
• Lync 2013 Mobile—The client for smartphones
• Lync 2013 Phone Edition—The client running on traditional handsets
• Online Meeting Add-in for Lync 2013—The client that provides integration with Outlook for meeting management
Another item to plan for on the topic of ...