There are several clients for Lync Server 2013 for which to plan. Administrators have the ability to limit which clients can connect so that users can use only a client that is currently supported. This simplifies troubleshooting because it’s possible to prevent unexpected clients from connecting. The current list of clients includes these:
• Lync 2013—The primary Windows client
• Lync Web App—The web-based client that provides the primary features
• Lync 2013 Mobile—The client for smartphones
• Lync 2013 Phone Edition—The client running on traditional handsets
• Online Meeting Add-in for Lync 2013—The client that provides integration with Outlook for meeting management
Another item to plan for on the topic of ...