In this Microsoft Project for Software Developers training course, expert author Guy Vaccaro takes you through the steps required to build your own Software Development Plan with Microsoft Project 2013. This course is designed for users that already have experience working with Microsoft Project.
You start with setting up the project file, including creating a rough storyboard, initial project file, and adding the phase and section headings. From there, you will learn about the various tasks, such as importing data, adding notes and attachments, and creating constraints and adding deadlines. This video tutorial will teach you about calendars and time, including adding public and work resource holidays and creating your own calendar. Guy will also teach you about tracking, showing you how to change dates and customize lines, update individual task progression, and track work and costs. Finally, you will learn how to use the NEW reports and the project plan as a template.
By the end of this computer based training course, you will be fully capable of using Microsoft Project 2013 to build and create your own software development plan. Working files are included, allowing you to follow along with the author throughout the lessons.
Table of Contents
- Setting Up The Project File
The Actual Tasks
- Creating And Adding Tasks 00:07:43
- Importing Task Data 00:05:14
- Editing, Deleting And Moving Tasks 00:07:55
- Adding Notes And Attachments To Tasks 00:05:29
- The Importance Of Milestones 00:04:59
- Task Relationships 00:07:27
- Linking The Software Development Tasks 00:08:15
- Creating Constraints And Adding Deadlines 00:08:56
- Project Summary And Recurring Tasks 00:05:17
- Using WBS Codes To Reference External Documentation 00:06:36
- Calendars And Time
- Title: Microsoft Project For Software Developers
- Release date: February 2014
- Publisher(s): Infinite Skills
- ISBN: 9781771372091