Establishing an IPsec Policy on the SharePoint Server
Default IPsec policies must be enabled on any server in the SharePoint farm that will need to communicate over IPsec. To enable a simple IPsec policy that uses Active Directory Kerberos (as opposed to certificates-based IPsec), do the following on each server:
- From the MMC Console setup in the previous step, right-click IP Security Policies, and then click Create IP Security Policy.
- Click Next at the Welcome Wizard.
- Give a name to the IP security policy, such as SharePoint IP Security Policy, and click Next to continue.
- Do not check the box to activate the default response rule, but do click Next to continue. The default response rule is only used for down-level systems.
- Leave the Edit Properties ...
Get Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Unleashed now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.