Applying unique permissions to a SharePoint list
Sometimes you will want to apply custom security settings to a SharePoint list to control who has access to it. This recipe shows you how.
This recipe works for:
- SharePoint 2010 Foundation
- SharePoint 2010 Standard Edition
- SharePoint 2010 Enterprise Edition
- SharePoint Online (Office 365 Edition)
You require either the Design or Full Control permission level to edit the permission settings of the list.
How to do it...
- Select the list that you wish to apply the custom permissions to by clicking on the link to your list in the Quick Launch navigation on the left side of the page.
- Select the List tab in the List Tools ribbon.
- Select the List Permissions icon in the List ribbon as shown in the following ...