Using the datasheet to bulk-edit tasks in a task list
The datasheet view allows you to quickly make changes to many tasks in one go.
This recipe works for:
- SharePoint 2010 Foundation
- SharePoint 2010 Standard Edition
- SharePoint 2010 Enterprise Edition
- Office 365 (SharePoint Online)
To access the datasheet view, you must have a version of Office 2010 installed.
You will need the Contribute permission level to edit tasks in the datasheet. This normally means that you will be a member of the site member's group.
You will need a SharePoint 2010 Team Site or any other SharePoint site to which a tasks list has been added.
How to do it...
- Open your Team Site. Select the Tasks link from the quick-launch menu.
- A list of the current tasks for the Team ...