Creating a custom list view
SharePoint lists support different views, allowing you to see the information they contain in many different ways. This recipe shows you how to create your own custom views on a list.
This recipe works for:
- SharePoint 2010 Foundation
- SharePoint 2010 Standard Edition
- SharePoint 2010 Enterprise Edition
- Office 365 (SharePoint Online)
You will need the Design or Full Control permission level to run this recipe.
You will need a SharePoint list where you want to create a custom view. For illustration, the recipe uses the Orders list created in the previous recipe to create a custom view of large orders placed in the previous week.
How to do it...
- Open the site containing your Orders list in SharePoint Designer.
- Select ...