Building the Project Site Template
The Project Site Template will be added to a new project named
SPBlueprints.WebTemplates. This project can contain multiple templates as well as any site configuration solutions.
To create the initial project:
- Open Visual Studio 2010.
- Select File, then New Project.
- Browse the installed templates and select Visual C# | SharePoint 2010, and then Empty SharePoint Project.
- Enter the project details such as Name, Location, and Solution name.
- Within the SharePoint Customization Wizard, provide a path to your SharePoint site and then be sure to select the option to Deploy as a farm solution.
- Right-click on the project file and select Add then New Item.
- From the template selection screen select the Empty ...