To be able to make use of a workflow on your SharePoint site you must associate the workflow to a list, library, or content type. When you do this you make the workflow available to users. Workflows have three conditions when they run:
• When an item is created or uploaded to the library
• When an existing item is changed
• Manually started by a user
To associate a workflow, follow these steps:
1. Open the browser and select a list or library to associate your workflow to, in the example I use the Shared Documents library. Open the library and from the ribbon select Workflows.
2. From the workflow settings screen click Add a Workflow (if no workflows are already associated with the library, the workflow button in the ribbon ...