Setting the Options
Whether you choose to adjust the properties from SQL Server Management Studio's graphical tool or from code is completely up to you, but not every property is available from Management Studio using the graphical interface. Although the graphical interface has the advantages of being easy to use and walks you through easy-to-understand dialogs that prompt for the possible options in a pick and choose format, it lacks the repeatability of a T-SQL script run as a query.
- BUILTIN\administrators and Local System NT (NT Authority\SYSTEM) are no longer automatically provisioned in the sysadmin fixed server role on initial install.
- Setup now offers default accounts for SQL Server services whenever possible.
- Support for Managed Service Accounts and Virtual Accounts when installed on Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Protection of operating services under a per-service SID now extended to all operating systems.
- Datacenter Edition, which was introduced in SQL Server 2008 R2, is no longer available as a SQL Server 2012 edition. It's functionality has been replaced by the Enterprise ...