Do you want to gain knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server to understand how it stores and retrieves huge amounts of data? This course will help you learn about Microsoft SQL Server, including the features and functionalities that are needed to design and develop reliable database systems.
The course starts with an introduction to SQL Server and databases and takes you through the installation of SQL Server Express. Once you are ready with the setup, you will learn to connect to a database instance and create a database and tables inside the database. As you advance, you will learn to run queries against tables to manipulate tables and data and create relationships in the SQL Server with foreign keys and normalization.
Later, you will be able to perform mathematical operations using aggregate functions, such as AVG, COUNT, MAX, and SUM. Finally, you will get to grips with advanced SQL Server objects and concepts such as views, triggers, stored procedures, database scripting, and more.
By the end of this course, you will be well-versed in using SQL Server and have developed the skills to write SQL queries for manipulating databases.
What You Will Learn
- Install SQL Server and SQL Server Management Studio
- Create, manipulate, and connect databases
- Export data to Excel using SQL Server Management Studio
- Create and manage database views
- Explore custom functions, table views, and stored procedures
- Find techniques to back up and restore databases
This course is for beginner- and intermediate-level database developers and administrators who are looking to create, manipulate, and connect databases using Microsoft SQL Server.
This course is for the individual who is already comfortable with fundamental database operations.
There are no prerequisites for this course as it provides you with fundamental SQL Server training.
About The Author
Trevoir Williams: Trevoir Williams is a software engineer and part-time lecturer. With a master’s degree in computer science, he has spent over a decade teaching web, software, and database development courses. He also has extensive industry experience in web application development, Azure Cloud system, and server administration.
He enjoys teaching IT and development courses and hopes to impart knowledge of the latest developments in industry standards and techniques to his students.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction
- Chapter 2 : Environment Setup
- Chapter 3 : Understanding the Toolset
- Chapter 4 : Creating and Manipulating Databases
Chapter 5 : Managing Tables and Data
- What Is a Database Table?
- Create Entity Data Model
- Create a Database Table Using Management Studio
- What Is SQL?
- Create a Database Table Using SQL Script
- Review Table Creation
- Insert Data into the Table Using Management Studio
- Insert Data into the Table Using SQL Scripts
- Select Data from Tables - Simple Queries
- Select Data from Tables - Adding Filtering
- Select Data from Tables - Exporting Data
- Update Data in Tables
- Delete Data from the Tables
- SQL Transactions
- Review CRUD Operations
Chapter 6 : Normalization, Relationships, and Foreign Keys
- What Are Relationships, Foreign Keys, and Normalization?
- Normalizing Our Database
- Creating a Relationship in SQL Server
- Inserting Records in One-to-Many Related Tables
- Inserting Records in Many-to-Many Related Tables
- Using Inner Joins to Read Related Data
- Understanding Left, Right, and Full Joins
- Foreign Key Cascade Options
- Section Review
- Chapter 7 : GROUP BY and Aggregate Functions
- Chapter 8 : Advanced SQL Server Objects and Concepts
- Chapter 9 : SQL Server Security
- Title: Microsoft SQL Server Development for Everyone
- Release date: January 2023
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781801078559
You might also like
Analytics for Retail: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Statistics Behind a Successful Retail Business
Examine select retail business scenarios to learn basic mathematics, as well as probability and statistics required …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
HBR Guide to Critical Thinking
Tackle complex situations with critical thinking. You're facing a problem at work. There are many ways …