UNIX/Linux Service Template
The UNIX/Linux Service Template allows the monitoring of a UNIX/Linux service.
To create the Unix/Linux service monitor, complete the following steps:
1. Navigate to the Authoring view, expand Authoring if not expanded, and expand and select Management Pack Templates.
2. Right-click on any of the subtree items and select Add Monitoring Wizard.
3. In the Add Monitoring Wizard window, select UNIX/Linux Service and click Next.
4. In the Name and Description field, use Test-NonMSFTService as the Name, select MP1 in the Select Destination Management Pack drop-down menu, and click Next.
5. Select the desired Linux server, select the Bash service, and click Create.
The Bash service will now be monitored and alerts will be ...