Recovering a SharePoint Farm
Recovering SharePoint data using DPM can be broken down into the following scenarios:
• Recovering an entire SharePoint farm
• Recovering a content database
• Recovering a Shared Services Provider (SSP) and its search data or recovering Office SharePoint Server Search data
• Recovering item-level objects, such as sites, lists, and items
• Restoring customizations and configuration settings outside of SharePoint databases
Depending on the SharePoint recovery scenario you are attempting to execute, the processes that you should follow are different and each has its own supportability implications and prerequisites. For example, if you are planning to restore the SharePoint farm configuration database and associated ...