Creating a Change Request from an Incident or a Problem
Sometimes, the resolution to an incident requires a change request and almost all resolutions to problems require a change request. Service Manager 2012 facilitates the creation of change requests directly from the incidents or problems, allowing the incident or problem to be linked directly to the change request. This provides a clear trail from incident to problem to change.
To create a change request from an incident or problem, complete the following steps:
1. Launch the Service Manager console.
2. Select the Work Items space.
3. Expand either the Incident or Problem Management node.
4. Select an incident or problem folder.
5. Select an incident or problem to create a change request ...