Microsoft Configuration Manager can promote high reliability and performance for your computers and mobile devices, and this book will give you the skills to deploy it effectively using best practices.
- Deploy highly available Configuration Manager sites and roles
- Backup, restore, and copy Configuration Manager to other sites
- Get to grips with performance tuning and best practices for Configuration Manager sites
Microsoft Configuration Manager is both extensive and complex, and for many, it is the primary tool for Enterprise management. With each new release, Configuration Manager continually proves itself to be the ultimate solution for managing both clients and mobile devices.
This book covers in detailed and easy-to-understand steps how to set up highly available Configuration Manager roles and backend services such as SQL, DNS, and AD. You will learn how to plan for high availability, what kind of roles there are, and how they scale.
The book starts by examining what needs to be taken into account when planning for high availability before moving on to focus on the different roles and how they can be set up. The book will also go through different scenarios as well as various backup and recovery procedures. You will learn how to identify bottlenecks within the different components and create sample design scenarios for high availability on Configuration Manager. The book will also look at the different high availability options and how to deploy them.
Table of Contents
Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager High availability and performance tuning
- Table of Contents
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager High availability and performance tuning
- About the Author
- About the Reviewers
1. Planning for High Availability with Configuration Manager
- Database planning
- Network flow
- New in Service Pack 1
2. Configuring Roles for High Availability
- Site Server
- Distribution point
- Sample site designs
- 3. Deploy Highly Available Backend Services
- 4. Backup and Recovery
- 5. Performance Tuning
- Title: Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager High availability and performance tuning
- Release date: November 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781782176763