Accessing the Desktop and Datacenter from Anywhere and Anything
IN THIS CHAPTER
- Understanding the habits of today’s workforce
- Identifying what services users need access to and from what environments
- Providing corporate services to the Internet
- Enabling secure access to corporate applications and data
- Making the most of session virtualization and VDI
With the shift in many organizations to supporting a mobile, distributed workforce that may connect from many different locations and devices over varying types of network, it is important to enable access to corporate services for these mobile workers while maintaining the security needs of the company. This chapter covers some of the main types of service that mobile users need, how these services have traditionally been offered, what new options are available, and what works and what doesn’t work for all the different types of user devices you may need to support in your organization.