“Microsoft Voice and Unified Communications is essential reading for anyone using–or considering–Microsoft’s range of VoIP options, from consumers to small business owners to enterprise customers.”
--Xuedong Huang, General Manager, Microsoft Research Communications, Innovation Center
“Joe Schurman has captured the essence of Microsoft’s vision and implementation in the areas of Voice and Unified Communications. This is an important book for those interested in connecting the dots between the present and the future in human communications and understanding why things are evolving in that way.”
--Gurdeep Singh Pall, Microsoft Corporate Vice President, Unified Communications Group
Microsoft®Voice and Unified Communications is a book that provides insight into Microsoft’s Voice and Unified Communications portfolio of products and services related to Microsoft Windows Live, Microsoft Response Point, and the Microsoft Unified Communications platform.
Here’s What You’ll Find Inside. . .
· Microsoft’s vision of voice products and services for consumer, small/medium businesses, and enterprise organizations including a foreword by Gurdeep Singh Pall, Microsoft Corporate Vice President, Unified Communications Group, and commentary by Xuedong Huang, General Manager of the Microsoft Research Communications Innovation Center.
· Technical guidance and information related to Microsoft Windows Live, Microsoft Response Point, and the Microsoft Unified Communications platform, including the newly released Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2.
· Sales guidance for selling Microsoft voice solutions in the SMB and Enterprise markets.
· Examples of customized Microsoft voice and unified communications applications.
· Overview of Microsoft voice and unified communications security.
· Latest Microsoft voice and unified communications research and development.
· Understanding of voice, unified communications, and telephony concepts and terms as well as the history and evolution of communications technology.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- About the Author
- Chapter 1 The Communications Renaissance
- Chapter 2 Consumer Voice Communications with Windows Live
- Chapter 3 Small Business Voice Communications with Microsoft Response Point
- Chapter 4. Enterprise Voice with Microsoft Unified Communications
- Chapter 5. Simply Speaking: The Integration of Speech Recognition with Voice and Unified Communications
- Chapter 6. Voice Collaboration
- Chapter 7. Customizing Voice Applications
- Chapter 8. Securing Voice
- Chapter 9. How to Sell Voice and Unified Communications
- Chapter 10. The Virtualization of Voice
- Appendix A. Closing Comments and Resources
- Title: Microsoft Voice and Unified Communications
- Release date: February 2009
- Publisher(s): Addison-Wesley Professional
- ISBN: 9780321579959