Build a thriving consultancy with the updated edition of this classic bestseller
Having inspired generations of consultants and entrepreneurs around the world, the “Rock Star of Consulting” Alan Weiss returns with a revised and completely updated edition of his authoritative guide to consulting success.
Weiss provides his time-tested model on creating a flourishing consulting business, while incorporating and focusing on the many dynamic changes in solo and boutique consulting, coaching, and entrepreneurship. In addition to guidance on raising capital, attracting clients, and creating a marketing plan, he also gives brand new step-by-step advice on:
• Harnessing today’s global opportunities
• Developing brands across markets
• Creating and licensing intellectual property
• Avoiding the pitfalls of social media
• Landing unsolicited referrals through counterintuitive methods
• Managing and organizing your time wisely
• Succeeding in the face of continuing turbulence
Find out why this book has been the classic go-to for consultants for nearly twenty-five years, and learn how to grow your business into a $1 million-per-year firm today!
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Chapter 1 What Is a Consultant, Anyway? Is It Someone Who Comes to Study a Problem and Remains to Become a Part of It?
- Chapter 2 Build It and They Will Come: But Only if You Let Them Know That You’ve Built It!
- Interlude I The Yin and Yang of Clients and Prospects
Interlude II The Concept of Value
- Chapter 6 The Estimable Consultant: How to Build Your Practice by Building Your Esteem
- Chapter 7 The Cyberspace Consultant: Houston, Let’s Not Have a Problem
- Chapter 8 Delivering the Goods: Taking the Express Lane
- Chapter 9 Thought Leadership: It’s Fine to Stand Out in a Crowd So Long as You Look Good Standing There
- Chapter 10 The Ethical Consultant: How to Do Well by Doing Right
- Chapter 11 The Global Community: The World Is Next Door
- Chapter 12 Designing Your Own Future: Taking Control of Your Fate
- Chapter 13 Creating a Company: But What Kind?
- Chapter 14 Leverage: More Output for Less Input
- Chapter 15 Creating and Sustaining Your Endeavor: Cathedrals Last for Hundreds of Years
- Title: Million Dollar Consulting, 5th Edition
- Release date: April 2016
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9781259588624
You might also like
Getting Started in Consulting, 4th Edition
The definitive guide to getting out of the office and getting into consulting Getting Started in …
Million Dollar Consulting: The Professional's Guide to Growing a Practice, Fifth Edition
Focusing on the dynamic changes in solo and boutique consulting, Weiss builds on his classic unified …
Million Dollar Coaching
Build a million-dollar business in one of today's hottest professions! Bestselling business author Alan Weiss provides …
The New Business of Consulting
Everything you ever wanted to know about consulting—a practical roadmap for aspiring entrepreneurs Seismic changes occurring …