Be calm, collected and in the moment
Too often, life just races by. You don't fully experience what's happening now, because you're too busy thinking about what needs doing tomorrow, or distracted by what happened yesterday. And all the time your mind is chattering with commentary or judgement.
Mindfulness allows you to experience the moment instead of just rushing through it. Being mindful opens you up to new ideas and new ways of doing things, reducing stress and increasing your enjoyment of life.
With ideas, tips and techniques to help you enjoy a more mindful approach to life, you'll learn how to:
Adopt more positive ways of thinking and behaving
Become calmer and more confident
Break free from unhelpful thoughts and thinking patterns
Bring about positive changes in your relationships
Achieve a new level of self-awareness and understanding
Life is happening right now; mindfulness will help you live in the moment, so it doesn't pass you by!
Table of contents
- Title page
- Copyright page
- How Mindful Are You?
PART ONE: Understanding Mindfulness
- 1: Why be Mindful?
- 2: Moving Towards Mindful Thinking
- 3: Mindful Thinking and Feeling
- 4: Mindful Doing
PART TWO: Putting It into Practice
- 5: Managing Painful Emotions: Anger, Worry and Anxiety, Guilt
- 6: Mindfulness for Self-Esteem: Confidence, Self-Esteem and Loneliness
- 7: Mindful Motivation: Goals and Willpower
- 8: Mindfulness with Others: Listening, Managing Criticism, Forgiving, Persuading and Motivating
- 9: Mindfulness at Work: Interviews, Meetings and Presentations
- About the Author
- Title: Mindfulness: Be mindful. Live in the moment.
- Release date: August 2013
- Publisher(s): Capstone
- ISBN: 9780857084446
You might also like
Managing Anxiety with Mindfulness For Dummies
Don't panic! Managing Anxiety with Mindfulness For Dummies is a practical guide to overcoming your worries …
Improve your outlook on life and develop calming thoughts with the ultimate guide to mindfulness for …
Mindfulness At Work
Mindfulness isn’t anything that we think; it’s what we don’t think. Mindfulness isn’t something that other …
Mindfulness For Dummies, 2nd Edition
Use mindfulness to relax and control anxiety, depression, stress and pain Whether you're looking to control …