In This Chapter
• Learn how applications work
• Structure an application
• Send arguments to an application
• Learn how Java programs are organized
• Use the Java Class Library
• Create an object in an application
An important distinction to make in Java programming is where your program is supposed to be running. Some programs are intended to work on your computer. Other programs are intended to run as part of a web page.
Java programs that run locally on your own computer are called applications. Programs that run on web pages are called applets, programs that are run by web servers are called servlets, and programs that run on mobile devices are called apps.
The programs you create in this book are called ...