In This Chapter
• Work with materials in Minecraft
• Define command-line arguments in
• Read arguments in a mod
• Get the items in a player’s inventory
• Loop through the items
• Transform one material into another
• Use the Bukkit Javadoc documentation
This chapter moves away from mobs into materials, the inanimate stuff that takes up space in the Minecraft world. Writing a mod that manipulates the physical world in the game requires a thorough grounding in the
Material class in the
org.bukkit package of the Bukkit class library.
Transmuter mod you create transforms material from one type to another at the control of the player. The original material must be present in the player’s inventory ...