24. Respond to Events in the Game
In This Chapter
• Turn a mod’s functionality on and off
• Create a mod that listens to events
• Run code the first time a server loads a mod
• Access the server and server’s mod manager
• Use the
this keyword in a Java class
• Listen every time a player moves in Minecraft
• Find the block below a player’s location
Mods can do something once when a command is entered by a player. Enter a
/choptrees command and chop down a forest of trees.
Mods can do something that affects game play for a sustained time. Enter
/petwolf multiple times and attract a pack of wolves who come to your defense whenever mobs attack.
Mods also can do nothing.
The mod you create during this chapter does nothing until an event happens ...