In Full Color!
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, Sams Teach Yourself Minecraft® Mod Development in 24 Hours will help you transform Minecraft® into anything you can imagine--and share your vision with millions of players worldwide! You’ll learn all the mod development skills you need as you walk through a complete step-by-step project, complete with a mob, new tools, new armor, food, ores, and much more. Every lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for building any mod and creating any world!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common Minecraft® mod development tasks.
Quizzes and exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
Notes present interesting information related to the discussion.
Tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks.
Cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them.
Learn how to...
Set up the environment where you’ll write your mod
Create the basics for your mod with the Forge API
Establish a framework that makes it easier to build complex mods
Work with recipes and other small modifications
Create multiple recipes, items, blocks, and entities at once
Cook up food items that heal your players
Make custom pickaxes, shovels, and completely original tools
Use Tile Entities to create complex and unique mods
Create interesting custom armor for players
Generate entire worlds, including ores and plants
Design and generate new structures with MCEdit
Understand Entities and create Entity Models with Techne
Code mobs with a custom Entity Model
Edit Minecraft® functionality without breaking other mods
Structure, package, and release your mod
Master Java programming techniques you can use far beyond Minecraft®
This book was not created by and is not endorsed by Notch Development AB Corporation/Mojang Synergies AB Corporation.
Table of contents
- About This eBook
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
Part I: Introduction
- Hour 1. Setting Up the Minecraft Development Environment
- Hour 2. Creating the Basics for Forge
- Hour 3. Working with Recipes and Other Small Modifications
Part II: Items
- Hour 4. Making Your First Item
- Hour 5. Creating Multiple Items in a Smart Way
- Hour 6. Cooking Up a Food Item
- Hour 7. Making Your Own Tools
- Hour 8. Creating Armor
Part III: Blocks
- Hour 9. Making Your First Block
- Hour 10. Creating Multiple Blocks in a Smart Way
- Hour 11. Making Your Blocks Unique
- Hour 12. Creating a Tile Entity
Part IV: World Generation
- Hour 13. Generating Ores
- Hour 14. Generating Plants
- Hour 15. Using MCEdit
- Hour 16. Generating Your Structure
Part V: Entities
- Hour 17. Learning About Entities
- Hour 18. Creating an Entity Model Using Techne
- Hour 19. Coding a Mob
- Hour 20. Creating a Throwable
Part VI: Final Pointers
- Hour 21. Editing Vanilla Minecraft
- Hour 22. Structuring Your Mod
- Hour 23. Releasing Your Mod
- Hour 24. What’s Next
- Appendix A. Additional Code Fragments
- Title: Minecraft™ Mod Development in 24 Hours, Sams Teach Yourself
- Release date: September 2014
- Publisher(s): Sams
- ISBN: 9780133900552
You might also like
Sams Teach Yourself Mod Development for Minecraft in 24 Hours, Second Edition
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, Sams Teach Yourself Mod Development for Minecraft …
Sams Teach Yourself Java in 24 Hours, Eighth Edition
Computer programming with Java is easier than it looks. In just 24 lessons of one hour …
Sams Teach Yourself Java in 21 Days (Covers Java 11/12), 8th Edition
In just 21 days, you can acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to develop applications on …
Adventures in Minecraft, 2nd Edition
Learn valuable programming skills while building your own Minecraft adventure! If you love playing Minecraft and …