CHAPTER 3 Equalization
The most intuitive effect — OK EQ is EZ U need a Hi EQ IQ
MIX SMART QUICK START: Equalization GOALS
- Fix spectral problems such as rumble, hum and buzz, pops and wind, proximity, and hiss.
- Fit things into the mix by leveraging of any spectral openings available and through complementary cuts and boosts on spectrally competitive tracks.
- Feature those aspects of each instrument that players and music fans like most.
- Master the user controls for parametric, semiparametric, program, graphic, shelving, high-pass and low-pass filters.
- Choose the equalizer with the capabilities you need, focusing particularly on the parameters, slopes, and number of bands available.
Home stereos have tone controls. We in the ...
Get Mix Smart now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.