CHAPTER 7 Delay
The most underappreciated effect: stop wasting time, without delay.
MIX SMART QUICK START: Delay
- Different effects families live in specific delay-time windows: long, medium, and short.
- Master the concept that time effects can have spectral implications.
- Fit tracks into a musical groove and offer key tracks some delay-based support.
- Feature a track through attention-getting slap echo, flanging, double-tracking, and chorus.
- Sources of delay include tape, analog circuits, and — mostly — digital.
- Exploit the full production potential through strategic use of regeneration, a low-pass filter, polarity reverse, modulation rate, modulation depth, and modulation shape.
The delay line is the single most important ...