Creating the Arrangement
In This Chapter
- How the mixing engineer can help arrange a song
- Deciding which tracks to use—and which not to use
- Arranging a song vertically and horizontally
- Fitting together the pieces and parts of an arrangement
- Dealing with producers and artists in the creative process
A great mix isn’t just adjusting the faders and setting EQ levels. It’s about taking the raw elements that were recorded and combining those elements in a way that creates an engaging piece of music.
When you’re deciding which recorded elements to use or emphasize, you’re creating an arrangement. This is the most creative part of the mixing ...