To install Visual Studio and Xamarin on a Windows machine, follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/.
- When you open the preceding URL in a browser, you'll get a screen like this:
- You can see there are several editions of Visual Studio available for developers.
- You can choose the version best suited to your requirements. If you just want to learn Xamarin using Visual Studio, or if you are an individual developer looking for a free version, then Visual Studio Community Edition is best suited for you.
- Click on Free download provided under Visual Studio Community 2017