List of Apps by Chapter
A complete list of the apps mentioned in this book, in order of their mention within the chapter.
Chapter 1: Changing Education with Mobile Learning
- Evernote is an organizational, tool-based app that enables users to create and search lists. By Evernote. Free.
- Socrative is a student response system, enabling student participation via smart phones, tablets, and laptops. By Socrative. Free.
Chapter 2: The Science of Learning
Chapter 3: What Is It about These Devices?
- Remind is a way for teachers to send text messages to students and parents and keep all phone numbers private. By Remind. Free.
- Google Drive provides cloud-based storage, making it great for taking notes and having access from anywhere. By Google.
- Dropbox allows access to documents and photos from anywhere, secure sharing, and collaborative editing capabilities. By Dropbox. Free.
- Nearpod. Facilitates interactive mobile presentations. Store. Free.
- Join.me. Classroom app shows the teacher's screen on a mobile device and allows invited users to join and interact with the content. By LogMeIn. Free trail with cost for more features.
- Showbie is a tool enabling teachers to easily “assign, collect and review student work in the tablet classroom.” Free.
- Comic Touch 2 Take user photos and add filter, texture and words in the style of a comic strip. by Plasq. Free with in-app purchases.
- SAS Gloss can facilitate paperless workflow in a classroom setting, as well as the opportunity to ...