Integrate your mobile marketing program and take your brand to the next level
Mobile marketing is finally entering the forefront of the marketing realm as megabrands roll out million-dollar budgets and small businesses have turned to the channel for its affordability, measurability, and repeatable successes in producing sales and driving engagement and loyalty. Through insights from bold industry visionaries and fellow mobile pioneers, Mobilized Marketing takes readers through campaigns worth repeating and others that are not. Learn the many roads that marketers can take and the proven strategies and tactics that move products and build loyalty through the consumer's most personal device.
With examples from the more than 130,000 campaigns developed by mobile marketing leader Hipcricket, Mobilized Marketing breaks down how brands of all sizes have performed in their mobile efforts—why some have failed and how others bravely turned to mobile.
Demonstrates how to integrate mobile into marketing programs and how to effectively measure it
Explains how to make your existing marketing spends work harder
Delivers step-by-step instructions on how to optimize campaigns in real-time
Shows how to determine which mobile tactics are keepers and which are not
It's time to mobilize your marketing programs and drive your profits to new heights.
Table of Contents
- Foreword: Michael Becker
Part I: The Early Years
- Chapter 1: Radio’s Days of Glory
- Chapter 2: Hipcricket’s Beginnings in a Starbucks
- Chapter 3: Mobile at the Start of the Millennium
- Chapter 4: American Idol Engages a Nation
- Chapter 5: RAZR Sharpens Mobile’s Focus
- Chapter 6: Hipcricket’s First Customers
- Chapter 7: Listening to the Consumer
- Chapter 8: The Brands Show Some Interest
- Chapter 9: Mobile as a Natural Progression
- Chapter 10: Mobile in the Fight Against Cancer
- Chapter 11: Stops and Starts
- Chapter 12: Build Me an iPhone App
- Chapter 13: Hipcricket Matures, Rebrands
- Chapter 14: It’s Not Spam on the Phone
- Chapter 15: Texting with the Phone to the Ear?
- Chapter 16: Mobile Award For Dummies
Part II: The Present
- Chapter 17: The Recession’s Effect on Mobile’s Growth
- Chapter 18: Behavior Changes Seen in All Age Groups
- Chapter 19: Mobile Gets Busy
- Chapter 20: Radio Regains Its Magic
- Chapter 21: Hipcricket Weathers the Recession
- Chapter 22: The Brands Rebound from the Recession
- Chapter 23: The Rise of Loyalty Clubs
- Chapter 24: MillerCoors Drinks from Android Cup
- Chapter 25: Belle Tire Rolls with Mobile
- Chapter 26: Other Brands Produce Notable Campaigns
- Chapter 27: Trends
- Chapter 28: Innovation
- Chapter 29: Looking Internationally for Guidance
- Chapter 30: Hipcricket Builds for the Future
Part III: The Future
- Chapter 31: Determining Whether Mobile Has Arrived
- Chapter 32: The Ever-Changing Consumer
- Chapter 33: The Tools You Can Use
Chapter 34: The Real Questions Marketers Should Ask
- How Fast Should I Go? How Much Time and Dollars Should I Devote?
- Have We Crossed the Chasm?
- Do We Have Enough Metrics to Make Wise Decisions?
- Will Consumers Continue to Seek Out Offers?
- What’s the Future of Mobile and Social?
- Does My Vendor Protect Me?
- Will Transparency Move My Business?
- How Will Mobile Change with the Passing of Steve Jobs?
- Should We Be Looking for Innovation or the Maturing of Existing Technology?
- How Do I Find a Job in Mobile?
- How Do I Select a Mobile Marketing Provider?
- Twitter vs. Mobile: How to Decide?
- Can I Capitalize on the Hyperlocal Opportunity?
Chapter 35: Advice from the Smartest Marketers
- Get Mobile to Go Mobile
- Alter Course or Have Thick Skin
- Be on the Lookout for the Wave
- Don’t Offer Excuses
- Watch for Small and Large Changes
- Look Beyond the Obvious
- Think Beyond the Funnel
- Remember Mobile Is Not the Same as Online
- Find Multiple Ways to Engage
- Think One to One, Not One to Many
- Reconsider Traditional Media
- Conclusion: So Where Are We with Mobile Marketing?
- About the Author
- Title: Mobilized Marketing: How to Drive Sales, Engagement, and Loyalty Through Mobile Devices
- Release date: May 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118243268