The Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) format has come a long way. What may have seemed like a niche topic a few years ago has evolved into a powerful tool for web developers. If you’re just getting started with SVG, this free ebook brings together concepts that you need to understand before tackling your next modern SVG project.
This collection of chapters from published and upcoming books in the O’Reilly Design Library shows you how to use the XML-based SVG vector image format for two-dimensional graphics that support interactivity and animation. Because SVG images and their behaviors are defined in XML text files, they can be searched, indexed, scripted, and compressed. You can create and edit SVG images with drawing software or with any text editor.
Get a copy of this ebook today and learn about the scope and challenges that await you in the world of web development.
Chapter excerpts include:
- Using SVG in Web Pages, from SVG Essentials
- Tools of the Trade, from Using SVG with CSS3 and HTML5
- Beyond Straight Lines, from SVG Text Layout
- Serving Paint, from SVG Colors, Patterns, and Gradients/
Table of Contents
- 1. Using SVG in Web Pages
- 2. Tools of the Trade
- 3. Beyond Straight Lines
- 4. Serving Paint
- Title: Modern SVG
- Release date: March 2016
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781492048527