Adversaries and hackers have gained significant and distinct advantages in cyber warfare today. Creative, fast, and opportunistic attackers have created an ecosystem of advanced persistent threats that is growing in scale and complexity, and evolving more rapidly than our capabilities to respond. By integrating machine intelligence (MI), you can significantly modernize your organization’s security operations to better keep pace with these threats.
With this ebook, Peter Guerra and Paul Tamburello—chief executives at Booz Allen Hamilton—provide examples to show you how MI can change cybersecurity operations to be more effective and efficient in threat detection, monitoring, and risk analysis. Applying MI to automate cybersecurity processes will enable swifter and more accurate identification of new and emerging threats in this continually changing landscape.
Attacks are only likely to increase in size and frequency across companies, institutions, and government agencies. This ebook demonstrates a powerful tool that can help you level the playing field.
You will learn:
- The scope of the existing threat landscape, and benefits of applying MI to cybersecurity
- What machine intelligence can and cannot do when applied to cybersecurity
- Specific security applications of machine intelligence in the real world
- How to address your organization’s maturity and readiness for cybersecurity with MI
- The first steps for moving ahead with MI security in your organization
- How to overcome difficulties and challenges when adopting machine intelligence
Table of contents
- 1. Introduction
- 2. The Benefits of Applying Machine Intelligence to Cybersecurity
- 3. The Capabilities of Machine Intelligence Today
4. Real-World Security Applications for Machine Intelligence
- Hunting for Advanced Threats
- Detecting and Classifying Malware
- Scoring Risk in a Network
- 5. Addressing Readiness and Maturity for Machine Intelligence in an Organization
- 6. Conclusion
- Title: Modernizing Cybersecurity Operations with Machine Intelligence
- Release date: April 2018
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781492035985
You might also like
Cybersecurity Blue Team Toolkit
A practical handbook to cybersecurity for both tech and non-tech professionals As reports of major data …
Data Science from Scratch, 2nd Edition
To really learn data science, you should not only master the tools—data science libraries, frameworks, modules, …
Digital Forensics and Incident Response - Second Edition
Build your organization's cyber defense system by effectively implementing digital forensics and incident management techniques Key …
Hands-On Security in DevOps
Protect your organization's security at all levels by introducing the latest strategies for securing DevOps Key …