Mondrian in Action teaches business users and developers how to use Mondrian and related tools for strategic business analysis. You'll learn how to design and populate a data warehouse and present the data via a multidimensional model. You'll follow examples showing how to create a Mondrian schema and then expand it to add basic security based on the users' roles.
About the Technology
Mondrian is an open source, lightning-fast data analysis engine designed to help you explore your business data and perform speed-of-thought analysis. Mondrian can be integrated into a wide variety of business analysis applications and learning it requires no specialized technical knowledge.
About the Book
Mondrian in Action teaches you to use Mondrian for strategic business analysis. In it, you'll learn how to organize and present data in a multidimensional manner. You'll follow apt and thoroughly explained examples showing how to create a Mondrian schema and then expand it to add basic security based on users' roles. Developers will discover how to integrate Mondrian using its olap4j Java API and web service calls via XML for Analysis.
- Mondrian from the ground up -- no experience required
- A primer on business analytics
- Using Mondrian with a variety of leading applications
- Optimizing and restricting business data for fast, secure analysis
About the Reader
Written for developers building data analysis solutions. Appropriate for tech-savvy business users and DBAs needing to query and report on data.
About the Authors
William D. Back is an Enterprise Architect and Director of Pentaho Services. Nicholas Goodman is a Business Intelligence pro who has authored training courses on OLAP and Mondrian. Julian Hyde founded Mondrian and is the project's lead developer.
A wonderful introduction to Business Intelligence and Analytics.
- Lorenzo De Leon, Authentify, Inc.
A great overview of the Mondrian engine that guided me through all the technical details.
- Alexander Helf, veenion GmbH
A significant complement to the online documentation, and an excellent introduction to how to think about designing a data warehouse.
- Mark Newman, Heads Up Analytics
Comprehensive ... highly recommended.
- Najib Coutya, IMD Group
Table of contents
- Brief Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- About this Book
- Chapter 1. Beyond reporting: business analytics
- Chapter 2. Mondrian: a first look
- Chapter 3. Creating the data mart
- Chapter 4. Multidimensional modeling: making analytics data accessible
- Chapter 5. How schemas grow
- Chapter 6. Securing data
- Chapter 7. Maximizing Mondrian performance
- Chapter 8. Dynamic security
- Chapter 9. Working with Mondrian and Pentaho
- Chapter 10. Developing with Mondrian
- Chapter 11. Advanced analytics
- Appendix A. Installing and running Mondrian
- Appendix B. Online resources
- Appendix C. Schema shortcuts
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Listings
- Title: Mondrian in Action
- Release date: September 2013
- Publisher(s): Manning Publications
- ISBN: 9781617290985
You might also like
Pentaho 8 Reporting for Java Developers
Create reports and solve common report problems with minimal fuss. About This Book Use this unique …
Learning Pentaho CTools
Acquire finesse with CTools features and build rich and custom analytics solutions using Pentaho About This …
The Kollected Kode Vicious
Pragmatic, Bite-Sized Programming Advice from Koder-with-Attitude, Kode Vicious For many years I have been a fan …
Learn Java with Math: Using Fun Projects and Games
There are many good Java programming books on the market, but it's not easy to find …