Monetizing Entertainment: An Insider'sHandbook for Careers in the Entertainment & Music Industry offers a thorough, guided exploration of the current state of the industry, with an emphasis on trends in copyright, digital streaming, and practical advice for developing a career as an artist, technician, or industry executive.
This book investigates a variety of topics within the entertainment and music industry, ranging from traditional and emerging business models to intellectual property rights to the creative destruction happening currently. The book strategically outlines the existing gaps that make being successful as an artist a dynamic interaction between creativity and business.
This book includes the following:
- An overview of the creative destruction process that has destroyed some of the old business models and created a number of career options.
- A look at innovative, entrepreneurial career options.
- A step-by-step examination for both creative and business professionals of the administrative and financial structures of the industry.
- Detailed analysis of trends and topics shaping the current entertainment and music industry drawn from insiders' perspectives and other contemporary resources.
An accompanying website (www.routledge.com/cw/wacholtz), hosting case studies, videos, data, infographics, and blog posts on business models, is the perfect companion to this authoritative resource.
Table of contents
- Author’s Acknowledgments
- Introduction: Take a Look at This!
- 1 The Perfect Storm
- 2 The Three Wows
- 3 The Rules of the Game
- 4 The Entertainment Business
- 5 The Significance of Narration
- 6 Music Publishing—What’s the Deal?
- 7 Recording Lightning in a Bottle
- 8 The Label Business—Recording Budgets
- 9 Odds of the Game
- 10 Promotion/Publicity and Media
- 11 Representation
- 12 The Concert and Event Business
- Appendix A
- Appendix B
- Title: Monetizing Entertainment
- Release date: November 2016
- Publisher(s): Routledge
- ISBN: 9781317499459
You might also like
25 Need-to-Know Strategy Tools
Includes 10 handy do’s and don’ts of strategy development · Need powerful decision-making tools at your …
The Startup Checklist
25 Steps to Found and Scale a High-Growth Business The Startup Checklist is the entrepreneur's essential …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Startup Opportunities, 2nd Edition
Start strong with essential early-stage guidance from the VC perspective Startup Opportunities is the go-to guide …