If your company is looking to create new business models through digital transformation, this practical ebook will help get you started. High-powered tech companies and traditional enterprises have dramatically improved business processes through cloud-native technologies and product-centric software techniques, enabling them to react to market changes much faster. Michael Coté from Pivotal explores the strategies and tactics you need to transform your in-house software creation capabilities.
Putting the technology in place is relatively easy. The real challenge is changing your organization’s culture to take advantage of the technology. Using case studies from enterprises that have suffered through and ultimately benefited from this transformation, this ebook examines the best and worst practices for making the change. You’ll learn what it takes to make your company lean, quick, and profitable.
With case studies from Duke Energy, Dick's Sporting Goods, the Internal Revenue Service, and Rabobank, this ebook examines the digital transformation process in two parts:
- Part I: Fostering change—examine the principles of small-batch thinking, user-centric design, and shifting from functional teams to product teams
- Part II: Cloud-native cookbook for leadership—apply those principles across your organization, from creating and communicating your strategy through building your pipeline and choosing the right cloud platform
Table of contents
- Introduction: Why Change?
- 1. Fostering Change
2. Leadership’s Cloud-Native Cookbook
- Establishing a Vision and Strategy
- Communicating the Vision and Strategy
- Creating a Culture of Change, Continuous Learning, and Comfort
- Building Your Business Case
- Considering the Enterprise Architect
- Tackling a Series of Small Projects
- Assemble the Right Team
- Building Trust with Internal Marketing, Large and Small
- Tracking Your Improvement with Metrics
- Tending to Compliance and Regulation
- Building Your Pipeline and Choosing Your Platform
- Own Your Role
- Title: Monolithic Transformation
- Release date: April 2019
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781492049791
You might also like
Go is rapidly becoming the preferred language for building web services. There are plenty of tutorials …
Semantic Software Design
With this practical book, architects, CTOs, and CIOs will learn a set of patterns for the …
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
Fluent Python, 2nd Edition
Python’s simplicity lets you become productive quickly, but often this means you aren’t using everything it …