The fun and friendly guide to the world's most popular online learning management system
Modular Object Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment, also known as Moodle, is an online learning management system that creates opportunities for rich interaction between educators and their audience. However, the market has been lacking a simple, easy-to-understand guide that covers all the essentials of Moodle?until now. Using straightforward language and an entertaining tone to decipher the intricate world of Moodle, this book provides you with the resources you need to take advantage of all the eLearning and eTraining possibilities that Moodle offers.
- Offers a hands-on approach to learning Moodle, the revolutionary online learning management system
- Uses simple language peppered with good humor to break down the complexities of Moodle into easily digested pieces of information
- Caters to the specific needs of teachers and business trainers by providing the resources they need
Moodle For Dummies provides you with the tools you need to acquire a solid understanding of Moodle and start implementing it in your courses.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- About the Author
- Authors' Acknowledgments
- Publisher's Acknowledgments
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
Part I: Getting Started with Moodle
- Chapter 1: Discovering Moodle and What You Can Do
- Chapter 2: Designing Great Moodle Courses
- Chapter 3: Building Your Course Front Page
- Chapter 4: Creating Your Course
Part II: Creating and Managing Course Content
- Chapter 5: Adding Content to Your Course: Resources
- Chapter 6: Adding Audio and Video to Your Cour se by Using Free Software
- Chapter 7: Grading Learners' Progress and Knowledge
Part III: Adding Activities to Your Moodle Course
- Chapter 8: Adding Communication Modules
- Chapter 9: Adding Collaborative Modules
- Chapter 10: Creating Assignments
- Chapter 11: Quizzing and Testing in Moodle
- Chapter 12: Using Databases to Share Resources and Adding the Latest News via RSS
Part IV: Moodle Management
- Chapter 13: Administering Moodle Courses
- Chapter 14: Managing Course Data, Reports, Logs, and Statistics
Part V: The Parts of Tens
Chapter 15: Ten Questions to Ask before Building and Launching Your Course
- Is the Moodle Site Ready for Use?
- How Do Students Register for My Course?
- Who Do I Contact If I Have Problems with the Site?
- What Type of Course Am I Offering?
- What Are My Learning Goals and Objectives?
- Did I Brainstorm and Organize My Course Structure?
- How Will I Communicate with My Learners?
- How Will I Assess My Learners?
- Am I Comfortable Using Moodle?
- Is My Course Ready to Go Live?
Chapter 16: Ten Creative Ways to Keep Your Learners Involved in Your Course
- Communicate with Your Learners
- Use Forums for Discussions and Other Class-Related Activities
- Give Feedback
- Assign Responsibility to Learners
- Set Up Project Learner Groups
- Invite Guests to Participate in the Course
- Reward Your Learners For Contributions
- Create Practice Tests
- Dig In to the Delightful Database
- Create a Competition
- Chapter 15: Ten Questions to Ask before Building and Launching Your Course
- Moodle Activity: Lessons
- Course-Building Checklist
- Good Practice Guide and Etiquette Tips: Moodle Chat, Forum, and Blog
- Title: Moodle® For Dummies®
- Release date: May 2011
- Publisher(s): For Dummies
- ISBN: 9780470949429
You might also like
Windows® 7 Visual™ Quick Tips
Quick and easy answers for common Windows 7 questions Windows 7 is the operating system used …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
The Pragmatic Programmer: your journey to mastery, 20th Anniversary Edition, 2nd Edition
"One of the most significant books in my life." —Obie Fernandez, Author, The Rails Way "Twenty …
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Official Study Guide
Validate your AWS skills. This is your opportunity to take the next step in your career …