Book DescriptionWhat organization, founded in 1948 by a passionate entrepreneur and twelve loyal team members, grew to become one of the largest enterprises in the world? Today it has operations in over 100 countries, includes over 1 million team members, has raised and deployed billions of dollars in capital, and is one of the most recognized brands in history.
Is it Hewlett-Packard? Coca-Cola? Disney?
No, it is the Missionaries of Charity. And Mother Teresa was its leader.
How did this nun with no formal business training create a global brand, become a powerful fund-raising and public relations magnet, and lead a worldwide organization through every phase of growth over the course of forty-seven years? What were her secrets?
When we shift our lens and view Mother Teresa from a leadership perspective, a wonderful success story emerges, one filled with inspiration, life lessons, and impact.
Ruma Bose spent time in Calcutta working as a volunteer with Mother Teresa and her Missionaries of Charity in 1992. Over time, she discovered that Mother Teresa's success resulted from the careful application of eight simple and unexpected principles. Through the pages of this book you will have the unique opportunity to learn these principles, share Bose's experience with Mother Teresa, and discover how to apply Mother Teresa's principles whether on a single project, throughout an organization, or in your life.
Modern, well-timed, and humane, Mother Teresa, CEO helps you discover how you don't have to be a saint to be a great leader!
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Introduction: The Teresa Principles
- Chapter One: Dream It Simple, Say It Strong
- Chapter Two: To Get to the Angels, Deal with the Devil
- Chapter Three: Wait! Then Pick Your Moment
- Chapter Four: Embrace the Power of Doubt
- Chapter Five: Discover the Joy of Discipline
- Chapter Six: Communicate in a Language People Understand
- Chapter Seven: Pay Attention to the Janitor
- Chapter Eight: Use the Power of Silence
- Conclusion: You Don't Have to Be a Saint
- The Missionaries of Charity Today
- About the Authors
- Title: Mother Teresa, CEO
- Release date: July 2011
- Publisher(s): Berrett-Koehler Publishers
- ISBN: 9781605099521