Enrich your motion graphic design work with this substantial investigation of aesthetic principles and their application to motion graphics. Historical reference provides context; design principles serve as building blocks; and an examination of method and technique inspire innovations in your own work.
Bring your work to the next level with a command of concepts that include:
* The language of traditional graphic design and how it can be combined with the dynamic visual language of cinema
* Pictorial design considerations including the relationships between images and type, hierarchy, form and composition
* How motion is orchestrated and sequenced to enhance artistic expression and conceptual impact.
New to this edition:
* Updated examples and imagery of motion graphics in film, network branding, commercials, and music videos
* New industry tools and techniques, such as Photoshop's new animation tool
* An updated and enhanced DVD, and much more
The companion DVD showcases student and professional work accompanied by interviews describing the aesthetic considerations that were involved in design and production.