In this chapter, I want to touch on two words that will help bring everything in part IV into sharp focus: meaning and purpose. While I've mentioned them a few times in the book, they're crucial for helping you establish longer term success.
Meaning and purpose
If you're constantly trying to achieve things purely for yourself and your ego, then the meaning is likely to be insignificant. However, if you're trying to change the lives of others, whether that be through helping a friend, raising a family, caring for a loved one, putting your best foot forward at work and setting an example, or looking after the local community, your meaning and purpose will be deep and rich.
I urge you to truly identify your meaning and purpose while exploring these final chapters. It will help you get clear on using actionable steps to put into practice. Furthermore, the meaning and purpose you have now may change over time, so keep checking in and asking yourself tough questions.
Often, meaning and purpose come from things bigger than ourselves. Here are some great questions to start the ball rolling:
- If money didn't exist, what would you dedicate your time to?
- What inspires you?
- What are you passionate about?
- What will you regret not doing when you look back on your life?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What are you willing to improve upon?
- What do you want people to remember you for?
- What mark do you want to leave on the world?
- What ...