56 MQSeries Publish/Subscribe Applications
Platforms and languages currently available
Table 4-2 shows the platforms and languages where AMI is currently available.
Table 4-2 AMI language matrix
The AMI package can be downloaded as a SupportPac from the IBM Web site.
The only exception to this is AMI for OS/390, which is built into the MQSeries for
OS/390 V5.2 product.
4.2.7 AMI installation
In this section we describe the steps required to install the MQSeries Application
Messaging Interface (AMI). AMI is available as an additional component. We
describe here the installation for the Windows NT and 2000 platform:
1. Go to the following Web site:
2. Select the SupportPac MA0F.
3. Click the ma0f_nt.zip icon to download the MQSeries AMI for Windows 2000
in InfoZip compressed format.
Operating System AMI C/C++ AMI Java AMI Cobol
IBM AIX Yes Yes No
Sun Solaris Yes Yes No
HP-UX (V11.0) Yes Yes No
IBM OS/400 Yes Yes No
Microsoft Windows 2000 Yes Yes No
Microsoft Windows NT Yes Yes No
Microsoft Windows 98 Yes Yes No
Microsoft Windows ME Yes Yes No
IBM z/OS and OS/390 Yes No Yes
Note: if you plan to install the SupportPac MA88 containing the Java and JMS
classes for MQSeries, you should install it before installing the SupportPac
MA0F containing the AMI support. Installing MA88 after MA0F may cause the
AMI Java classes to no longer be included in the classpath.
Chapter 4. The publish/subscribe application 57
4. To install the AMI you need to uncompress the download file maof_nt.zip into
a temporary directory, make it current and then execute the setup.exe
5. Click Next to install the AMI as shown in Figure 4-19.
Figure 4-19 Installation of MQSeries AMI (1 of 6)
6. If you don’t want to type a new folder name, click Next to continue your
installation with the standard program folder IBM MQSeries AMI as indicated
in Figure 4-20.
58 MQSeries Publish/Subscribe Applications
Figure 4-20 Installation of MQSeries AMI (2 of 6)
7. Choose No to continue as illustrated in Figure 4-21.
Figure 4-21 Installation of MQSeries AMI (3 of 6)
8. Click OK to continue your installation as displayed in Figure 4-22.
Figure 4-22 Installation of MQSeries AMI (4 of 6)
Chapter 4. The publish/subscribe application 59
9. Click OK again to finish your installation of MQSeries Application Messaging
Interface as shown in Figure 4-23.
Figure 4-23 Installation of MQSeries AMI (5 of 6)
Choose No, I will restart my computer later to finish your installation, as
indicated in Figure 4-24.
Figure 4-24 Installation of MQSeries AMI (6 of 6).
Once you have successfully installed the MQSeries Application Messaging
Interface (AMI), you still need to set up the AMI sample script.
1. To set up the AMI sample script (amtsamp.tst) which is located in the
subdirectory of your AMI standard installation you need to change the
MQSeries subdirectory where your AMI was installed, for example
2. To run the sample script on the queue manager named YourQueueManager,
use the following command: runmqsc YourQMgrName < amtsamp.tst
3. Your AMI system is now ready for your publish/subscribe applications.