Book descriptionWhile many architects use PHP for projects, they are often not aware of the power of PHP in creating enterprise-level applications. This book covers the latest version of PHP – version 5 -- and focuses on its capabilities within a multi-tier application framework. It contains numerous coding samples and commentaries on them. A chapter discusses object orientation in PHP as it applies to the multi-tier architecture and other chapters discuss HTTP and SOAP, the two communication protocols most useful in tying together multiple layers. There is also coverage of database design and query construction as well as information about tricks you can use in generating user interfaces.
- Covers PHP as it relates to developing software in a multi-tier environment—a crucial aspect of developing robust software with low cost and ease of use as design goals.
- Makes extensive use of Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) and Web Services as implemented in PHP and NuSOAP.
- Shows precisely how to make use of the InnoDB table type newly available in MySQL. InnoDB supports true referential integrity and row-level locking.
- An application example (a multi-currency bookkeeping application) runs throughout the book, showing various PHP capabilities as well as the database interaction.
Table of contents
- Cover image
- Title page
- Table of Contents
- The Morgan Kaufmann Practical Guides Series
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Principles of Object Orientation in PHP
- Chapter 3: HTTP in PHP
- Chapter 4: Simple Object Access Protocol Under PHP
- Chapter 5: Designing and Implementing a Multi-Tier Application in PHP: A Succinct Example
- Chapter 6: The Persistence Layer
- Chapter 7: The Accessor Layer
- Chapter 8: Business Logic
- Chapter 9: The Presentation Layer
- Chapter 10: The Elsewhere Layer
- The Morgan Kaufmann Practical Guides
- Title: Multi-Tier Application Programming with PHP
- Release date: June 2004
- Publisher(s): Morgan Kaufmann
- ISBN: 9780080537153
You might also like
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Learn Microsoft PowerApps
A step-by-step guide that will help you create, share, and deploy applications across your organization using …
Essential PHP Security
Being highly flexible in building dynamic, database-driven web applications makes the PHP programming language one of …
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Version 10 Cert Guide, 3rd Edition
In this best-of-breed study guide, leading experts Michael Gregg and Omar Santos help you master all …