Multiscale Modeling for Process Safety Applications is a new reference demonstrating the implementation of multiscale modeling techniques on process safety applications. It is a valuable resource for readers interested in theoretical simulations and/or computer simulations of hazardous scenarios.
As multi-scale modeling is a computational technique for solving problems involving multiple scales, such as how a flammable vapor cloud might behave if ignited, this book provides information on the fundamental topics of toxic, fire, and air explosion modeling, as well as modeling jet and pool fires using computational fluid dynamics.
The book goes on to cover nanomaterial toxicity, QPSR analysis on relation of chemical structure to flash point, molecular structure and burning velocity, first principle studies of reactive chemicals, water and air reactive chemicals, and dust explosions.
Chemical and process safety professionals, as well as faculty and graduate researchers, will benefit from the detailed coverage provided in this book.
- Provides the only comprehensive source addressing the use of multiscale modeling in the context of process safety
- Bridges multiscale modeling with process safety, enabling the reader to understand mapping between problem detail and effective usage of resources
- Presents an overall picture of addressing safety problems in all levels of modeling and the latest approaches to each in the field
- Features worked out examples, case studies, and a question bank to aid understanding and involvement for the reader
Table of contents
- Cover image
- Title page
- Table of Contents
- Chapter 1. Introduction
- Chapter 10. Conclusion
- Sync with Jellybooks
- Title: Multiscale Modeling for Process Safety Applications
- Release date: November 2015
- Publisher(s): Butterworth-Heinemann
- ISBN: 9780123972835
You might also like
Advances in Financial Machine Learning
Machine learning (ML) is changing virtually every aspect of our lives. Today ML algorithms accomplish tasks …
Unstructured Data Analytics
Turn unstructured data into valuable business insight Unstructured Data Analytics provides an accessible, non-technical introduction to …
Bayesian Data Analysis, Third Edition, 3rd Edition
Now in its third edition, this classic book is widely considered the leading text on Bayesian …
Principles of Data Science - Second Edition
Learn the techniques and math you need to start making sense of your data Key Features …