My iPhone, Second Edition
Step-by-step instructions with callouts to iPhone photos so that you can see exactly what to do.
Help when you run into the few iPhone limitations.
Tips and Notes to help you get the most from your iPhone.
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through getting and keeping your iPhone working just the way you want. The tasks include:
• How to use all the essential features of iPhone 3G such as the cell phone, visual voice mail, conference calling, and contact information.
• How to add network connections and switch between them; surf the web using full-featured web pages just like on a computer; and receive and manage your email, from all your accounts, including Microsoft Exchange, wherever you are.
• How to configure MobileMe to keep all your contacts, email, and events current on your device wirelessly.
• How to use an iPod and and iTunes 8 to listen to music and podcasts or watch movies, TV shows, and music videos.
• How to take quality photos and view them, email them, or transfer them to a computer.
• How to find, download, install, manage, and use thousands of iPhone applications.
• How use Maps to find any location, plan a route to it, and then track your route with GPS.
• How to customize the way iPhone looks and works with your own wallpaper, Home screen button layouts, ringtones from your favorites songs, and more.
CATEGORY: Apple Digital Media
COVERS: Apple iPhone
USER LEVEL: Beginning-Intermediate
Quote from front cover.
“As easy as the iPhone is to admire and use, Miser unlocks all of its secrets and offers frank, useful advice for getting the most out of the most amazing product of this century (so far!).”
–Mark A. Kellner,
The Washington Times
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- 1 Making, Receiving, and Managing Calls
- 2 Managing Contacts
- 3 Listening to Audio and Watching Video
- 4 Connecting to the Internet, Bluetooth Devices, and VPNs
- 5 Emailing
- 6 Surfing the Web
- 7 Text Messaging
- 8 Working with Date & Time and the Calendar
- 9 Taking, Storing, and Viewing Photos
- 10 Working with iPhone Applications
- 11 Customizing iPhone
- 12 Maintaining iPhone and Solving iPhone Problems
- Title: My iPhone™, Second Edition
- Release date: October 2008
- Publisher(s): Que
- ISBN: 9780768686579